Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My Carbon Foot print!



Everybody knows that the global warming is a big problem and the effects of this problem are increased day by day. The global warming is measured by footprint. Footprint is a measure of humanity's impact in earth's climate through activities that emit greenhouse gases; usually reported as weight of carbon dioxide emitted. In this essay I'm going to explain some of the problems and suggest some possible solutions. I have measured my carbon foot print and the result was that I live like we have 3.76 more planets.

One of mine problem is that in each year I travel twice by plane, so this contributes to atmospheric pollution. Another point is that I always use the car in my daily life, so this may affect the climate because of the gasses when it gets out. Also the motorcycle, I used it very often and it may arouse to raise the pollution.


On the other hand, for any problem there are always some solutions to solve it. One major solution is that I could do more travel by bus within the UAE instead of going to other countries during breaks like Eid. Also I may sometimes use a bike as alternative of my car to reduce the effect that’s happened if I used my car. One more solution is that I could reduce my trips to other countries each year and I may travel once every 2 years/

All in all, I think the world will be better if we tried communicating together and each country tries to do some changes in their life style. I think I gave some possible solution and it may reduce some of the effects of my and other's carbon footprints.

No comments: